-
May 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM
#81
Inactive Member
About the confed flag thing Nev: Yeah, we've got people like that in Ohio. When you think about it, the South was much more likeable in the Civil War. I mean they were fighting for their independence against a massive factory giant who was trying to control them. They fought with valor and with bravery. If it weren't for the whole slavery thing I'd dig them.
Michigan is cool. I saw the michigan militia's gate in Wolverine once.
-
May 4th, 2004, 05:04 PM
#82
HB Forum Owner
What's the problem with factories? They are what makes countries rich and what allow us to live like we do.
-
May 4th, 2004, 06:36 PM
#83
Inactive Member
Well, back in those days factories ran on coal and were really dangerous to low paid workers.
I live near a river that was so polluted by a factory that it CAUGHT ON FIRE.
It caught on fire three times I think..
-
May 4th, 2004, 07:03 PM
#84
Inactive Member
Rivers of fire?! Do you have any pictures? Pollution kicks ass! Means we all choke to death, but rivers of fire!
-
May 4th, 2004, 07:52 PM
#85
HB Forum Owner
IRT CBA: That's a downside, but the good of them may outweight the bad, at least back then. They aren't uber good or uber evil, and they sure were better than a rural society with slavery.
-
May 4th, 2004, 08:06 PM
#86
Inactive Member
I seem to think that rivers of fire lead to slightly dead fish. I'm sure that minor problem if people need the fish to eat.
Seriously, those factories were death traps. Thank god people realised "Oh, people think" and we got worker's rights.
-
May 4th, 2004, 09:16 PM
#87
HB Forum Owner
In spite of being a nature lover, I seem to think slightly dead fish is not as bad as slavery and work is slightly better than no-work.
-
May 4th, 2004, 09:56 PM
#88
Inactive Member
I happen to be pro-non-poisious food. You wouldn't have so many workers if the fish were inedible.
-
May 4th, 2004, 09:58 PM
#89
Inactive Member
Dead Fish > Slavery
But the North was fighting for what was right. The south left because they wanted their slaves.
-
May 4th, 2004, 10:15 PM
#90
Inactive Member
It is more complicated than that, only 4.5% of White Southerners owned slaves. All the rest joined the war for their honor and because they were tired of being bullied by the northern states,.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks